Since the goal of the monument was met FVN has turned its focus toward fundraising. We created a scholarship fund which provides a scholarship for one female JROTC cadet from each of the three high schools in Citrus County providing for the needs of our sister veterans needs that we can meet in the community.
*SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION GUIDELINES AND CHECKLIST*
AWARD OBJECTIVE AND GUIDELINES: In 2024 the Female Veterans Network (FVN) is pleased
to offer a $1000.00 scholarship to Citrus County High School graduating Senior JROTC
women. Each of the three High Schools in Citrus County (Citrus High School, Crystal River High
School and Lecanto High School) will be eligible to receive one scholarship. Applicants must
meet the following criteria:
1. Citizen of the United States
2. Florida resident
4. Member of the JROTC program
5. Able to provide proof of acceptance in College/University or Trade/Technical School
6. Achieved excellent scholastic standing (3.0 minimum GPA)
7. Participated in notable extracurricular activities and provided significant community
Note: Applicant’s financial need will be a consideration.
REQUIREMENTS: Use this checklist to ensure you have enclosed all necessary information.
Please provide one copy of the following:
1. Application Form. Complete all questions and requests for signature.
2. Copy of applicant’s letter of acceptance from College/University or Trade/Technical
3. Essay/Letter from applicant to the Scholarship Committee (2-page limit) setting forth
applicant’s course of study and career objectives, and stating her educational and
4. List of high school and community extra-curricular activities, honors received,
scholastic achievements and other significant accomplishments.
5. Two letters of recommendation, none from any relative. Suggest letter from teacher,
minister or employer.
6. An official high school transcript indicating current GPA.
NOTE: All applications and supporting documents will become the property of FVN
DEADLINE: The Application packet must be received by the Secretary for the Scholarship
Committee by March 1, 2024 via email at FVNScholarship@gmail.com.
Applicants may contact the following for questions or assistance in submitting an application:
Cindy Johnson at 352-634-4364
Nancy Sigmon at 304-638-7617
Carol Phillips at 52-628-9427
Mary West at 352-249-7767
The scholarship recipient and high school will be notified April 2024. The award check will be
transmitted to the financial aid office of the school where the recipient has been accepted,
and designated for deposit to the student’s account. Recipient’s attendance at the Female
Veterans Network General Meeting on April 15, 2024 at Citrus Resource Center Lecanto VA
Clinic Bldg is requested for publicity purposes.